BBAW: Book Bloggers Appreciation Week
This week, September 12th thru the16th, is Book Blogger Appreciation week. As part of my appreciation and in response to the first blogging topic of the week, I will list a few of my favorite book blogs:
- BibliOdyssey is not your classic book review blog, but rather a book art appreciation blog. It features wonderful etchings, woodcuts, engravings, lithographs and the like from 17th through 20th century books of all kinds. It's definitely worth a look
- Another artistically inspired site, this time through photography, is Book Swept. The blogger, known only as Yuri, links tasteful and evocative photos with classic bits of literature in a refreshing display that illuminates the writing in unexpected ways.
- Journey Reader is a brand new book blog which features diverse media, excerpts, and interviews with notable authors. I especially enjoy the book trailers, a feature of BJR as well.
- Still another favorite which makes good use of graphics, comics, video, music, intelligence and good taste is The Alchemy of Writing. OK, so this blog, you could say, has a much heavier focus on writing than on reading, but to me there is not much of a difference; it's inspiring and that's what really matters, whether you are an aspiring novelist, poet, songwriter, artist, critic or deep reader.
- The author David Abram's contribution to the oeuvre of weblogs about books is called The Quivering Pen. It is always interesting to read an insider's, so to speak, take on his contemporaries' work. There is also a nice feature entitled My First Time, which highlights guest authors first experiences with the world of publishing.