Two Short Story Reviews From The "Warmer" Series

ControllerController by Jesse Kellerman

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I listened to the audio version of this. I have to say, the narrator completely diminishes the work by wildly overacting. He adds flourish were none should exist, often gets the inflection wrong, invents character voices that are cartoonish at best (Think Mrs. Bighead of Rocko's Modern Life). I'll need to go back and read this through to be fair to the author, just know that the audible version is distracting and excruciating.



Falls the Shadow (Warmer collection)Falls the Shadow by Skip Horack

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The author has a style of writing descriptive sentences that some may find interesting or hip but only annoyed me. He would have been better served using this style more sparingly. Beyond that, the story was a bit understated and heavy on the cynicism. I would have preferred a, not necessarily more upbeat but, more constructive ending.



View all my reviews

Comments